Friday, February 4, 2011

A Gift for Baby Eve

I'm finally finished with this gift for a sweet baby girl.


I'm a big fan of tumbling block quilts and and I think the pattern works well with a scrappy look.


I did some straight-line quilting on this one. I chose a solid soft pink for the back and I like the geometric pattern created by the quilting lines.  


I paired this mini quilt with a couple of embellished onesies.

Gift is ready to be packed up and shipped out. It's about time!


I'm almost finished with another quilt for a new baby. I'm been sewing up a "storm" (ha ha)... maybe because I haven't left my house in two whole days due to the crazy blizzard that hit on Wednesday. It's bright and sunny now but the side-streets and alleys are still packed with snow and I simply can't get my car out of my garage. As you can imagine, my kiddos are going a bit stir-crazy. And to make matters worse, we were without phone, cable or internet for 24 hours! We had to get creative with our activities yesterday and it was actually a good thing for us. 

In addition to completing two quilts, I just finished up a fun project for my daughter's room. I'll probably post about it early next week and will even try to put together a little tutorial for you. I'm really excited about this one. Don't tell anyone but it's a knock-off on a Pottery Barn Kids item. I feel a little guilty about ripping off the idea but I have the supplies and know-how, so why not save myself $75? Do you love the PB Kids catalog as much as I do? I've been studying the latest one and have added about 100 projects to my "to sew" list. Lots of great inspiration there.

Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. You did a super beautiful job on this quilt. I love the colours of your fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mar! And thanks for all of your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Do you have photo showing the whole quilt? Love how you embellished the onesies too, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete